Saturday, May 10, 2008

Movie Review - Speed Racer

Anyone who knows us, knows that Movies just aren't our thing. In the past 10 years we have probably been to 10 movies (the majority have been kids movies). I usually would rather do anything but waste 2 hours and watch a movie. However, since we have had children, we have been trying to be more accepting of movies and opening our eyes and minds to new ideas about movies (this wasn't the movie to do that). So, that being said....we took the boys to the opening night of Speed Racer. My thoughts:

1)Why is any movie more than 1 or 1.5 hours. I have a hard time believing my rear is the only one in the theatre hurting. Is this fun? I loved watching CR squirm. He was acting the exact way I wanted to act.
2)This is a kids movie. Why the flashbacks? Really, do you think they are following this? I can barely follow this (OK, I admit I probably wasn't totally paying attention).
3)Not enough cool music. I wanted more fun speed racer music. Give me something to move to and get my booty shaking.
4)Neat colors, little violence, and very "kid-friendly" topic. Those were the good points.

At the end of the movie, I asked MJ and CR what they thought. MJ replied "Did Speed Racer get the cold milk? I would have gotten chocolate milk." CR said, "Fun"....however I think he just liked the idea of eating popcorn and pixie sticks for dinner. The movie should have stayed a 30 minute cartoon.

This is my first movie review ever. I am so grown-up now.

No comments: