Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankfull Thanksgiving

It is obvious, but sometimes it still needs to be said...I am most thankful for my family! At sunday school, they asked the children what they were most thankful for and without hesitation, MJ answered my brother. That is what thanksgiving is all about...family.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We had a great thanksgiving weekend. Where to start? Tuesday night we packed up the boys and the car and we headed to Indiana for a long weekend. We stayed there until Friday night (thanks G/G Smit)! The boys were riled up when we got there and didn't crash until the wee hours of the am. Wednesday we chilled at G/G Smits house. MJ got to the steer and drive the tractor with Grandpa and he thought that was way cool. MJ and CR also went with Grandpa to feed the foxes (much to CR's dismay that the fox eats dog food). CR spent most of the weekend chasing the 3 dogs around the house (he loves "the little one"). We just spent the day hanging out and catching up with Grandma. Wednesday night, I ran to the store and Chad put the boys to bed. He let the boys sleep in the same bed for the first time. CR not only got to sleep with his brother, but also in a big bed. Pretty cool...until they woke up in the middle of the night and Chad had to sleep with them both. We didn't do that again, but they thought it was very cool.
Thursday we spent the am at G/G Smits house, but then went to Great G/G Wiggins on the farm for the afternoon. We had a great meal and spent a lot of time catching up with everyone. The boys loved seeing there uncles Jake and Nate, Grandma Karen and Grandpa Ron, and everyone else too!
Friday morning I had great plans to get up early and go shopping....however the warm bed and snuggling with MJ kept me in bed instead! Instead, Grandma was kind enough to watch the boys for Chad and I while we went out shopping later in them morning! It was great and we got a lot done. The boys enjoyed there alone time with Grandma (MJ talked her into making cookies)!
Friday at bedtime, we piled the sleepy boys into the cars and came home! It was a great trip and we should do it more often!
As I was looking through my pictures I realized that I didn't have a picture of Grandma or Grandpa Smit. I could have sworn I took pictures of Grandpa and the boys on the tractor and of Grandma Smit reading the boys books before nap...I guess they are just pictures in my memories. Next time, I need to get more photos. For now, here are some "real" pictures from our trip:


Chad and the boys...playing some cards. I think my grandma had me playing cards around 3 years old also!
The Wiggins Family...as the boys know them: Grandma Karen, Uncle Nate, Uncle Jake, and Grandpa Ron.
Family. Great Grandma, Chad and the boys, Grandpa Ron, and Great Grandpa.

No comments: