Monday, December 1, 2008

The Excitement of the Seasons!

Can't you hear the boys saying "run, so mom can't get a picture of us together!" Actually, they were just excited to play in the snow!
MJ about to throw another snowball at me. Why is it so much fun to get mom with snowballs?

CR shoveling the driveway!
Last night we got our first measurable snowfall of the season. I would guess we received about 6 inches of snow overnight. This morning Chad had left for work already and I hopped in the shower while the boys were still sleeping (after going downstairs to get a cup of coffee of course). I glanced outside and saw all the white snow, then I turned up the heat. While I was half way through my shower, the curtain flew open, and MJ was standing there and his eyes were as big as snowballs and his face was full of pure child excitement! MJ said "MOM, you gotta get out here and see this!" I quickly realized that my hair wasn't going to get conditioned today and my legs will have to wait until tomorrow. I jumped out and threw on a robe...MJ was starring outside at all the snow. Then he said, this was news CR would want to know. He ran to CR's room (as I hurried to get dress) and woke him to tell him the wonderful news that the snow has fallen. CR emerged from his room a few minutes later with MJ. This time CR says "come on...I show you something". He pointed to the snow and his eyes were twinkling and he said "we can make a frosty the snowman???" Yes, this is what the seasons are about. As each season begins, so does a new and renewed level of excitement for life and nature and a simple reminder that yes, it really is the small things. We went outside for about an hour this morning and the boys "helped" me shovel the driveway. I anticipate more snow play this afternoon.
Happy snowfall to all, and to all a great day!

No comments: