Monday, December 22, 2008

Friday was a snow day...







...the boys school was closed and my work was closed (chad was a trooper and went to work). Of course, the boys wanted to go outside and play as soon as they got up. We were outside raging by 9am. Much to MJ's dismay, it was not packing snow (no frosty), but we made a snow fort, went sledding, played on the snow-filled swing set, cleared the driveway, etc. It was noon and I was ready to pass out in exhaustion, but these kids were still going. Then my 2 boys and the next door neighbor wanted me to pull all 3 of them on the sled at one time. For some reason, I think I am real real strong and spry and that pulling 100+ pounds in the snow is no problem. I almost died. I was so sore that night, I could barely walk. So, when Cousin D and Nisi showed up to make Christmas cookies with us, it was a much needed break for us (me)! It was very fun. I think I enjoy playing in the snow as much, if not more, than the kids! I love snow days. It is just like being a kid again..still.

No comments: