Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15th - End of the Day





Birthday kisses from daddy..
with my new frog net inbetween!
<=

<= I love all my gifts.
Thank you Jack and Dean for this gift!






Like my new ride??









Birthday Cake!

CR had a great Birthday. He was feeling better...still some tummy issues, but no fever. He is not 100%, but good enough to enjoy the beautiful day. He woke up to MJ singing him Happy Birthday with a present from MJ to CR in hand. The boys enjoyed a lazy morning with Mom (Chad had a gig last night and got in real late. Since it is Fathers Day too, we let him sleep in). We made CR a birthday cake. MJ cracked the eggs and put all the ingredients in. When it came time to mix the cake with the cake mixer, MJ said "CR can have more turns and minutes with the cake mixer than me because is his special day". Now, if you know MJ well...you know that was pure love to say and do that!! CR was very proud of his special cake and showed everyone who stopped over HIS special cake (mom, how many times did he make you look at it?? :-) ). When I put him to bed tonight, I asked him what his favorite part of his birthday was...he answered without hesitation, "my birthday cake". We had a special lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Troast. Then Uncle Ronnie surprised us and stopped by. Always fun!!! The pizza man brought dinner for us tonight. Overall we just hung out, went for a walk, played with water, and spread out the present opening to last all day. It was a very fun and relaxed day. Just how I remembered birthdays growing up.


As CR feel asleep tonight, he was singing Happy Birthday to himself. So precious.

I love you CR, sleep tight my 2-year old! You get to spend tomorrow with Aunt Nisi!


One more note:

I can't tell you how awesome MJ was today. He was so good to his brother and his brother to him. It is days like this that it all makes sense. Little things like, MJ let CR pick what color he wanted to be in candy land and let him go first. And, MJ gave CR all his "double cereals" (the yogurt cheerios that stick together--jackpot in our house) because it was his special day. That is what being brothers is all about. CR loves him right back. MJ was taking a little nap on the couch and MJ just climbed ontop of him because he wanted to hug him...MJ didn't mind at all.

That's all.

No comments: