Sunday, January 4, 2009

Roller Skating

We took with boys rollerskating yesterday with Cara, Jay, and little friend Ricky. It was very fun. But what was I thinking? I really thought that I would lace up CR and MJ's skates and off they would go. That was not the case. CR was terrified. He tried it for about 1 minute and then was DONE. He sat on a bench overlooking the rink and watched and cheered for everyone as they passed. He was much happier doing this (with his skates off). MJ really really wanted to skate. At first, he had a death grip and was terrified. By the end of an hour or two, he was standing alone and practicing the break. He could shuffle his feet holding my or Chad's hand. He was doing great for his first time. He told me later that he loved it and wants to go back. Now Cara.....She is a roller-rink-skating-fool. I think she goes there in all her free time so she can be an expert. :-) CR liked the bumper cars and video games best. MJ said he liked skating best and that he did a good job learning in only a few hours. I agree!

No comments: