Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bowling, Worm Soup, and Donkeys...oh my!

Holy cow. Chad is gone recording so the boys and I have been chillin' last night and today. MJ and CR LOVE bowling so, we went to funway today. Cousin D, Nisi, and Mark came too! It was fun...until about the 7th frame. MJ was tired, hungry, and jealous of Cousin D's pretzels (mind you, he had gold fish snacks....but there were NOT her pretzels). He had a temper tantrum and was acting sassy, but I think we overcame it and he and I have some new rules! :-) It is also amazing how one game of bowling (3 children and 3 adults) can last 1.5 hours! MJ is totally independent and wanted to push the ball down the lane all by himself (as long as I came up with him). CR just liked holding the 5 lb ball and let me or cousin D help push it down the lane. It is also totally pure how at ages 1 and 3 all they care about is if the ball knocks over some pins. There was no conception of scoring or winning....just clapping whenever someone gets a pin down. CR cheered everytime a ball was heading down the lane....regardless. Nisi took pixs, and they are forthcoming. Did I really just type for 10 minutes about bowling? I have issues!

After long naps for all, we made worm soup. We took about an hour to create and cut each worm just so. Oh...did I forget to mention that the worm soup was made out of playdoh worms?....probably an important fact. Good eatin's my friends!








Yeah, we have a wooden donkey in our kitchen....doesn't everyone? CR loves it (thanks mr. bosko). The eerie thing about this large wooden rocking donkey is that no matter where you are....the donkey is looking at you. I admit, there have been nights that it has really kind of freaked me out.






Uncle Jake. We heard you had an appendectomy, that does not sound like a good time. The boys added you to there prayer list tonight. Your family is really starting to make prayers go for a looonngg time. Just fooling. We hope you are feeling better and healing well.
Good night.

No comments: