Monday, September 15, 2008

Rainy Weekend Update

Wow...did it rain, and rain, and rain this weekend. Luckily, we did not take on any water and we didn't lose power at all, so our sump pump was working hard. With all the rain, soccer and the other outside events for the weekend were cancelled. So, what I thought was going to be a crazy weekend...turned out to be a semi-chill weekend. Nisi had some water woo's, so Cousin D spent the night with us on Sat. and then all day Sunday. It was way fun having her here. Sat. night we went to the arcade and out for pizza. The boys love it when she reads them stories. Thanks D! Sunday everyone came to our house for dinner to celebrate mom & dads b-day and mom's good health! Chad made steaks, but Chad can't just make steaks....he has to make all the fancy sauces and such that goes with it. He and I make a good team...I don't like to cook so much, so I buy the groceries and clean up. Chad loves to cook, so he does all the fancy cooking! Its a match made in heaven! Now, I haven't eaten steak since I was 18...but I went to the butcher shop to get some fresh steaks. That was an experience. The butcher was trying to be real nice to me and showing me the bloody flesh and asking me how I wanted it, etc. I am sure these are normal questions...but I was about to puke. This isn't where I intended this post to go. So in wrap up....it was great to see Ronnie and Jasmine and My folks and Nisi/Mark/D, etc. Our door is always open, so come on over...Chad loves to cook! I do make good drinks.....

No comments: