Sunday, August 10, 2008

Not your Normal day...

Usually, what I post is a lot about the fun times I have with my family. Really, those are the things people want to read about and well, the things I want to think about. Reality.....things are not always perfect. MJ and CR are not always 100% perfect. We have our days that are challenging, however I don't lose my strength to remember that they are finding where they belong in this world and how to get along. I am lucky to be there mom and show them the way...the best I can.

When Chad and I lived in Chicago I commuted to work (the Hills) with Sarah, (another girl I work with). The commute to work was about 45 minutes there and who knows how long going home! So, that being said...Sarah and I had a lot of time in the car together. We usually talked about work, or the men in our lives, or our nephews and nieces, or what we are going to do this weekend, or something else like that. Looking back, life was simple. We both loved kids and knew we would be parents some day. We talked about where we would live when we raised our children, etc. One thing we never talked about...or even crossed our minds was.....what if our child was sick? What if our child at 9 months of age was diagnosed with infant leukemia? That is Sarah's reality. So, I guess this post is just to remind us to take advantage of what we have, show some extra patience with the ones we love...and even more with the ones we don't, and to help.
Please visit Abby's donation page. There is a Light the Night walk in Grant Park in Sept. and the money raised will go to research.

Help Abby: http://www.active.com/donate/ltnChicag/2402_happyabby
Now get off the computer and go kiss your children or spouse or call your mom or dad or sister or someone.
Thanks.

No comments: