Saturday, October 25, 2008

This week.














Today was a nice fall day. This morning we had a soccer game for MJ, and it was quite chilly. It was actually the wind that made it seems so cold. However, none of the soccer players complained at all. They are a bunch of troopers! It rained a lot last night, so they spread out a bunch of hay on the field (yes, we live in a small town). I think the kids (especially MJ) were more excited about all the hay than anything! Right after soccer we went to the fall festival at the boys school. MJ was sooooooooooo excited that he got his pace painted like the red power ranger from operation overdrive. CR was cool with just getting a tattoo on his face and was more interested in painting a pumpkin! It was a fun day. This afternoon we chilled and spent time outside and did some grocery shopping and then had yummy tacos for dinner. On a side note: my birthday dinner since I was a kid was always tacos. When I met chad, he was eating about one meal a day...about 5 times a week...and seriously, it was always tacos. Love at first taco! So, now both of my boys are taco lovers and beg that we have them. They continue to make me proud!
The rest of the week was ok. Chad was in NYC for a bit. MJ had a bad fever/cold and CR had a cold too. They both missed 2 days of school, but I think it was good for them. They are feeling much stronger now.
We carved pumpkins. CR had no interest in it whatsoever. He was not going to put his hand in that pumpkin and really just thought the red plastic table cloth I put on the table was cool to play under! He told me he wanted a superman pumpkin and that was that. MJ was more into it by far. He had been begging me to carve the pumpkins. Finally, I gave in and a bit early because they are already getting a bit squishy. He liked it but, he said "this is much hard than I thought it was going to be." He was referring to cleaning out all the inside guts and then actually cutting the pumpkins. He thought it was cool though!
Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice fall day...maybe a good day to finish up the outside chores!













No comments: