Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Its been a while....

Life has won over the blog. Sometimes there just is not enough time in the day, or desire, to blog. But...here I am. There is so much going on in the past almost 2 weeks. My work is crazy busy with the Hurricane Relief efforts coupled with the cold weather creeping up. So, that is crazy, but good. Chad is busy also and getting ready to head out of town soon.

Memorable things over the past couple weeks.:


MJ had his first soccer game of the Fall season. Now we are Team Crew and we are Yellow. Go Team Crew! OK, fall soccer is colder than summer.


MJ and CR had there first Twinkie yesterday. They asked me what it was. I told them it was a twinkie and it is a spongy-like cake thing and that everyone needs to try one once in there life. MJ took a small bite of the spongy cake part and seemed to dig it. Then he took a big bite and got some of the "creamy goodness" inside.....his eyes got as big as a full moon and he said is a profound loud voice, "AWESOME". Chad and I laughed for a while. CR liked his too, but did seem to think it was the greatest thing in the world. MJ has my sweet-tooth. CR would take soda any day over sweets.




MJ didn't take a nap today. Oh my. He still needs them, but fights them sometimes. This picture is him about 2 hours before bed in a content daze....almost just holding on until bedtime. CR still takes very good naps (at least 2 hours)...thank goodness!

Tonight when I put MJ to bed he said, "mom, you know what I like best about you being my momma?"..I said, "What"..MJ said, "How much you always love me!". Yes, I do sweat heart.

CR...when he tells us he loves us, he says "Momma, I love you SOOOO MUCH". Ok, you probably have to hear it to get how adorable it is, but dang...it will melt you.

Now, CR is 2 year and 3 months old. He has hit the age where he wants to have an opinion. This picture cracks me up because it is just him being so strong and independent. I am proud of you for keeping to your beliefs, CR! But...your killing me! :-) Not really, I know what makes him tick and we are implementing all the tactics we learned from MJ. He is such a sweetheart, but is trying to find his limits.




So, we are Cubs fans. The cubs lost tonight. We had our first fire tonight and put the heat on today for the first time. We had one of those hang out and chill by the fire nights.

Finally, I got a car! My van just wasn't going to make it much longer without a lot of repairs. I got a 2005 Ford Freestyle. I love it! It is pretty good on gas mileage (for a 6-seater), it is AWD (a must for the snow), and just pretty cool looking. So, I am happy, but boy we spent a lot of time the past 2 weeks on looking for this car! The boys are happy because there windows go ALL THE WAY down. It is the little things in life that make you happy.

So, all is well with us. Sorry for the hiatus on the blogville, but you know....

OK....Off to get some work done.

No comments: