Wednesday, October 29, 2008

WE VOTED!

Now, when I say WE, you all can stop with the Chicago Acorn multiple voting jokes. WE included me and the boys. The boys have heard Chad and I and others talking a lot over the past month about who we are going to vote for and why. Quite honestly, I would like to cast my vote for a do-over and pick 2 new candidates. But, I know that is not realistic so I had to do what my heart said would be the best for my children.
I let the boys push all the buttons on the electronic ballot. MJ got to choose the presidential choose (he thought that was cool). They took turns on the other "less important" elections. Then....it was time to submit the ballot. They both had this crazy excitement in there eyes (ok, maybe it was me saying things like.."this is it boys. our vote for the next president of the USA. this is big. are we ready?") Then the pressed the submit button. I felt like balloons and streamers should fall from the ceiling, but they settled for an I VOTED sticker.
It was a little history in the making. Last time we voted for a presidential election, CR was not born and MJ was a few months old. I remember holding him as he slept.
And I love early voting!

No comments: